Hi everyone! I am back this week with another Self-Care post, I adore writing these posts and I hope they are helping you too. In the process of writing these posts, I am also carrying out my own tips and implementing small changes within my lifestyle to ensure I am looking after myself. Sometimes life can become really rubbish, we can feel overwhelmed, we can cry more than ever before and we can become tired and sluggish. Sometimes we asked the universe ‘why me!?’, ‘why do I have to suffer?’… But actually, we can help eliminate and reduce the levels of anxiety and stress we feel. If you’re having ‘one of those days’, I hope this blog post lifts your spirits and reminds you that you are loved, your purpose on this planet is valued and you are totally capable of anything you set your mind to.
As we are aware, our days are numbered and this can become slightly stressful for many. Ensuring we fill our time with positive activities and always being hardworking and dedicated. At this very moment, thousands are born into the world, some are only destined to live a few weeks or months due to illness or other circumstances. However, despite this, everyone has a purpose on this planet. Others are destined to live for a long time and savour every moment of life.
‘We never know. But whether we live a day or a century, a central question always remains: What is the purpose of our life? What makes our lives more meaningful? The purpose of our life is to seek happiness. It is a vision of happiness as a real objective, one that we can take positive steps toward achieving’ – (Lama, D. 1998).
We don’t need more money, we don’t need greater success or fame, we don’t need the perfect body or even the perfect mate – right now, at this very moment, we have a mind, which is all the basic equipment we need to achieve complete happiness’ – (Lama, D. 1998). Happiness is whatever you want it to be. Whatever makes you feel grounded and content.
10 Things You Need To Hear Today
- Don’t compare yourself – it’s easier said than done, I know. But sometimes, magazines, social media and the television convince us that there are ‘perfect’ people out there and sometimes it can make us feel small, inadequate and useless. Trust me, you don’t know the half of what people are going through. Social media and the press is just a fraction of what people are experiencing. Remember, people sometimes only share the highlights of their life; small snippets. Don’t compare your whole life to someone’s 20-second video that you perceive as being ‘perfect’. You are amazing the way you are. You have a huge purpose and it should be valued.
- Don’t beat yourself up about the gym and being healthy – health and fitness mean different things to different people. Your perception of being healthy can be different to someone else and that’s ok. When you skip a workout, eat indulgent foods, sleep past your alarm or simply have a hard day… It doesn’t make you an awful person at all, remember, you’re human. Trust me, there is seven billion of us all doing the same sometimes. Ease the slack and aim for your goals.
- Rainy days encourage sunshine and flowers – sound cliché and cringey? Well, it’s true. We have to experience the bad days, to appreciate the good days. What does not destroy us, makes us stronger. The tough days are preparing you for something greater and more meaningful.
- A smile can change everything – from smiling at yourself in the mirror (yes, you feel like a total idiot but it works!), to smiling at people in your work or gym… It can make a huge impact on the world. Radiating a little bit of positivity will not only make you feel awesome but someone else. We need more of the good vibes in this world, so spread them!
- Just because you moan a little, it doesn’t mean you are ungrateful – of course, we are allowed to complain about things. Sometimes, things don’t always live up to our expectations and that’s ok. Embrace the now, have a moan and then swiftly move on. Sometimes we moan about silly things and in the future, we will look back and laugh. It’s ok.
- You are exactly where you are meant to be – feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Yes, that’s your current status and that’s ok. Embrace every emotion you feel every day and never be ungrateful for your journey. Each day is preparing you for something greater. Don’t apply pressure to yourself unless it’s a source of motivation and inspiration. Relax, things will come as and when the universe thinks you are ready.
- You are stronger than you think – in and outside of the gym. Blimey, to survive on this planet, you have to be strong! Mind, body and spirit. We all experience trauma and we all experience heartbreak, but these experiences build a stronger armour around us and they prepare us for more exciting opportunities. Without strength, we would not work, talk, breathe or even be motivated. Strength is the root of us and it’s what creates change, diversity and realness. You are badass!
- You’re beautiful – male and female. That’s it, you’re beautiful, inside and out.
- It will all be ok soon – (we have all heard it, but it’s true because I know). Even in the depths of depression, it seems like there is no way out. But trust me, if you’re experiencing anxiety, depression, heartache, grief, sadness or any emotion that doesn’t feel normal, just know that things will eventually get better. When we are happy, we never think we are going to be sad. When we are sad, we never think we are going to be happy. Just have a little faith in the universe. Great things take time.
- Stop beating yourself up about the past – if there is no solution to the worry, there is no need to worry. If there is no solution, there is no sense in worrying either (Lama, D. 1998). The past is in the past for a reason, it’s happened. It’s created a new beginning and it can be reflected upon.
I hope this week’s blog post was something you needed to read. If it helped, please let me know and I will work my magic and produce more. Remember, you’re amazing. Do something today, your future self will thank you for.