Protein Powered Rocky Road
Happy Monday! Another day, another recipe and this time it is another one for the chocoholics. Need something to satisfy your sweet craving at Easter? Need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up? I have the perfect remedy!
I have a huge sweet tooth and I always acknowledge this sweet craving to ensure I don’t binge, become grumpy or restrict myself. Remember, a healthy balanced lifestyle is not about restrictions, it is about enhancing your health and becoming happier from within. Whenever I am craving something sweet I like to have something on hand to meet those cravings and help me get through the day. These rocky road bites are delicious, decadent and extremely satisfying. They are a lot healthier than your ordinary shop bought rocky road, but I can promise you, they taste just as good!
The good thing about this recipe is that it can be customised, you can mix all of your favourite treats together using the same method I have. Swap the raisins for cherries, dates or chocolate chips. You could substitute the seeds for more nuts, you could swap the marshmallows for bee pollen and you could even add some granola for added crunch! The basis for this recipe is melted chocolate, coconut oil, 1 sachet of chocolate whey protein powder and some honey – this can then be mixed together with your favourite goodies. Experiment, get creative and share your creations with me! Using the hashtag #positivelyjessicaward.
This rocky road is delicious crumbled on top of porridge, sprinkled on top of yoghurt or eaten on its own with a warm drink. Chop the rocky road into portion sizes and wrap them in some clingfilm, ready for a snack on-the-go. Be prepared so that hangry-ness won’t strike!
Don’t deprive yourself of the things you love, don’t restrict yourself and don’t have a negative mindset towards food. Food fuels our body and mind and without it, we would not be able to be productive. Food helps us achieve our goals! Both inside and outside of the gym.
I hope you love this recipe! It is one my favourites to date!
Ingredients and Recipe
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1 sachet of Whey Box chocolate protein powder (scroll to the bottom of this page for a discount code!)
- A handful of melted 80% dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of honey (or a sweetener of your choice)
Add-ins to be mixed into the wet mixture ^
- A few handfuls of mixed seeds
- 3 handfuls of broken up almonds
- 3 handfuls of raisins
- Marshmallows (for the top of the rocky road)
- 1 sachet from Real Handful trail mix
- A drizzle of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot (a drizzle for the top of the rocky road, sticky, rich and delicious!)
- Melt the coconut oil, dark chocolate chips and honey together. Allow this to cool slightly and stir in your whey protein. This is the base for the mixture.
- Add your chocolate mixture ^ to your add-ins – for example, your seeds, almonds and raisins. Make sure the whole mixture is well combined.
- Once the mixture is combined together, line a tin with parchment paper and press your mixture into the mould.
- Put your rocky road mixture into the freezer for 1 hour. Once the mixture is set, cut into squares or your desired shape and keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge. These will last for up to 1 week in the fridge, or longer! However, let’s be serious… These will be eaten in a few days.
- Want to be prepared for the week ahead? Double the ingredients and make extra! This rocky road is so addictive.
Want to learn more about the brands mentioned? Check out my previous blog posts for more information:
- There Is Only One Whey To Be – The Whey Box Whey Review and Discount Code!
- Real Handful – Snack Time
I HAVE A SURPRISE! Let me give something back to you.
WANT TO TRY OUT THE WHEY BOX PROTEIN FOR YOURSELF? USE MY DISCOUNT CODE AT THE CHECKOUT FOR £5 OFF A ONE-OFF BOX OR FOR £5 OFF A WHEY BOX SUBSCRIPTION FOR 6 MONTHS IN A ROW!
I hope you liked this week’s blog post! I loved creating the recipe, I loved eating the outcome and I loved experimenting with my favourite ingredients. Sweet treats are definitely making my university life a lot easier and I can’t wait to get myself back in the kitchen as of May, watch this space...
Want to see some more of my recipes? Check out the following links:
I hope you all have a fabulous week, If you do re-create any of my recipes please use the hashtag – #positivelyjessicaward so I can see your creations.