Happy Monday you beautiful bunch! I am back with another recipe and this time I am bringing you a sweet omelette, yes, that’s right a sweet omelette! This recipe is super simple and doesn’t take long to make at all, your toppings can alter depending on your preferred favourites and the cinnamon can be removed. I add cinnamon for a touch of warmth and subtle sweetness.
Getting out of bed in the morning won’t seem as daunting if you have this recipe ready-to-go, prep the ingredients the night before and leave them in the fridge ready to tackle breakfast head-on in the morning. I can’t skip breakfast, I will always make sure I leave the house with some sort of snack or I will make sure I have consumed a proper meal beforehand. Breakfast sets me up for the day, it makes me more productive and it makes the day’s to-do list seem less daunting. Start your day as you mean to go on – healthy, nutrient dense and delicious.
If you didn’t already know, I am working with the wonderful protein brand: Whey Box and I have been experimenting with their travel sized protein sachets for a while. I am so incredibly impressed and their ethos certainly resonates with me and my personal brand: they’re passionate about health and fitness, they have created whey protein that suits the traveller, the busy worker and fitness lover, there no scientific labels in sight and their ingredients are incredible.
Use my discount code for £5 off your Whey Box protein: POSSJESSBOX – ENJOY!
Want to know my thoughts? Check out my previous blog posts…
For the omelette
- 1/2 a mashed banana (the riper the banana, the sweeter the mixture will be)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (extra for sprinkling on top, this is optional! You could swap the ground cinnamon for raw cacao powder and make a chocolate omelette instead)
For the toppings
- Alpro simply plain yoghurt, mixed with Whey Box gingerbread protein powder; this packs the yoghurt full of protein and adds the most delicious flavouring. Warming, comforting and subtly spiced.
- Frozen berries (experiment with your toppings! Dried fruit would also be a great idea!)
- Mixed seeds
- Slice banana
- Use a non-stick frying pan and heat up some coconut oil whilst you prepare the mixture.
- Mash the banana thoroughly and mix in the cinnamon and the egg, combine this mixture together and pour the batter into the heated frying pan.
- Cook on a low heat until the bottom of the omelette becomes firm and cooked. Once the bottom of the omelette has become firm, finish the cooking process under the grill on a low heat. This ensures that the top of the omelette is completely cooked the whole way through.
- Once the omelette is cooked, add all of your toppings & enjoy! Oh, if you have time don’t forget to capture the sweet omelette and upload it to Instagram, tag me in your re-creations.
Today’s blog post wasn’t a long one but I hope you loved the recipe! I love mixing my breakfasts up because it is my favourite meal of the day. Preparing and making a delicious breakfast in the morning will definitely motivate you to get up 10 minutes earlier. I know sometimes it can be hard to leave the sheets, but sometimes, a delicious breakfast can be worth it. I hope you all have a fabulous week! Be sure to change the ingredients around in the recipe and customise your toppings accordingly.
Like the recipe? Want to see more? Please let me know!
Want to collaborate? Please send me an email, I would love to hear from you: email@example.com
Here is to a week full of health, happiness and positive vibes!