Guest Post – Josi Trotter – Chocolate Crispy Bar Recipe
This week we have the wonderful Josi popping by to give us some foodie inspiration. Foodie inspiration in the form of peanut butter and chocolate, this couldn’t be any more perfect. This recipe contains no nasty ingredients = 100% natural. Sweet treats made healthier! These little chocolate crispy bars are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up or an evening treat, they have a large nostalgic feel as they remind me of the sugar laden bars I use to create when I was 10 years old! Thank you, Josi, for creating such little bars of deliciousness. Before we delve into this chocolate, peanut butter heaven lets meet Josi.
- 100g Brown puffed rice (I use Rude Health!)
- 1 Scoop chocolate protein
- 1 scoop of vanilla casein
- 3 tbsp Cacao powder
- 50g Honey/Maple syrup
- 80g Coconut oil melted
- 70g Peanut butter
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until well mixed
- Add the maple syrup/honey and coconut oil and mix until all of the rice is coated in the liquid
- In a small bowl, add the peanut butter with a couple of tablespoons of boiling water and mix well until the peanut butter loosens to a sauce that you can drizzle
- Tip the peanut butter into the rest of the mix and mix until fully combined
- Fill a loaf tray with the mix and flatten down
- Pop in the fridge for an hour then slice and serve!
It was great to feature Josi on my blog! And the recipe is delicious, I am sure you’ll all love it. It is budget friendly and EXTREMELY easy to make. Both concepts sit extremely well with my student lifestyle. Thank you, Josi, for your foodie inspiration and it would mean the world to me if you all went and checked out her blog, she’s awesome.
If you want to feature on my blog, drop me an email or message me on social media and we will get creative! I can’t wait to hear from you!
I hope you all have a wonderful week, get yourself in the kitchen and re-create this recipe! Perhaps you might customise it yourself, I would love to see your creations! Positive vibes always – towards food, your to-do list, fitness and everything that makes an impact in your life. I hope this week brings you what you want. If you want to chat, be sure to message me.