My Updated Skincare Favourites
Hello! And welcome to this weeks blog post. If you are new to my blog *hey* I hope you stick around and browse some of my posts. I post every Monday morning! You can subscribe via email to ensure you never miss out on any content or you can access me through social media – linked in the sidebar or at the bottom of the page. Please get in touch if you love my blog! I would love to hear from you. I hope you enjoy this week’s blog post and thank you for stopping by.
This week’s blog post is all about my favourite skincare products so far this year. Of course nourishing your skin from the inside is just as important. However maintaining the youthful glow of your skin is just as important with the help of some products. I have sensitive skin and I buy things on a budget (which sometimes can be challenging). However, I have been on a mission and I have changed a few things around and I have resulted with six favourites.
- Simple Kind To Skin Smoothing Facial Scrub – This is a great product! Especially for the people with sensitive skin. I mix a tiny bit of this scrub with my E45 moisturiser to ensure that it isn’t too abrasive on the skin and I use it in the evenings only (it does recommend to use it once a week). The combination of the moisturiser and the scrub works well for me and my skin. This formula contains vitamins – B5 & E and the base of the exfoliant is rice granules.
- Simple Kind To Skin Sun-Kissed Moisture Cream – I don’t wear much make-up and I tend to stay away from foundations. For a lighter alternative, I use a tinted moisturiser before applying any other make-up in the morning. It builds a gradual tan and doesn’t leave any marks! Perfect for a sunkissed glow. Again, the formula contains skin-loving ingredients including – Glycerin, Bisabolol, Vitamin E and Pro-vitamin B5.
- 7th Heaven Face Masks – Are these cheap and nasty? Well, they seem to make my skin feel amazing! These are also vegetarian-friendly, meaning no beautiful animals were harmed in the production of these. I don’t use face masks all the time, these are a one off treat every few weeks. They smell delicious too!
- 100% Coconut Oil – Yes I use this for cooking! However, This is the most amazing deep conditioner I have ever used for my skin and my hair. “A human study found it to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in the seriously dry skin.” Prevention, (2016). I apply a generous amount of coconut oil to my skin after I have had a shower and it leaves my skin smelling amazing, feeling hydrated without any residue. Sometimes I also add this to the ends of my hair to add extra shine, I leave it in for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly out with warm water and shampoo, it is the perfect hair mask. Coconut oil is a lot more affordable now as you can purchase coconut oil even from Aldi!
- Vaseline – I have loved this for years! Vaseline is my go-to product for hydration of the lips and cuticles. I apply this to my cuticles before bed to keep them hydrated.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser – Another one my favourite ways to moisturise. I have sensitive to dry combination skin so finding a nourishing cream based moisturiser is extremely difficult when you don’t want the remains of sticky residue. Moisturiser just sometimes takes too long to dry! Who else hates waiting for the moisturiser to dry? However, this one doesn’t. It seems to tick all the boxes for me. “Clinically proven to moisturise to heal very dry skin in 5 days.” Vaseline, (2016). It is perfect for my sensitive skin, removes the stubborn dry patches, absorbs extremely fast and doesn’t leave a greasy texture behind.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s blog post! It is a little different to my usual thing. However, I couldn’t resist sharing my skincare favourites with you all. I hope you all have a lovely week full of positivity, smiles and lots of good skin days! – Let’s tackle this week together!