5 Things I am Grateful For This Month
“Start each day with a grateful heart.”
Being grateful for something adapts depending the person, & everyone is grateful for different things and different reasons.
We could be grateful for objects, human beings, animals or even to be alive. Some days I wake up and don’t feel as motivated as I would like and my positivity levels are on a low. This instantly channels the things I should be happy about. No matter what, we have something in our life that we should be grateful for and happy about. Being grateful is something, which is extremely positive and makes us all realise how truly lucky we are.
I got the idea to share the things I am grateful for when I felt a stage of loneliness last week and I tried to remind myself of the things I should be grateful for and how truly lucky I am.
Sometimes, things don’t go to plan, but who’s to say that they weren’t meant to go to plan in the first place because something better is waiting for you? Don’t be so hard on yourself when something doesn’t work out. All of us are trying extremely hard each day to even stay awake and feel energised, some of us have huge responsibilities’ and keeping up with everything is mentally and physically tiring, you’re amazing! Be kind to yourself.
Whenever you feel down, doubt yourself or feel as if you are not making progression, look back at how far you have come – be realistic. Remind yourself every single day how fortunate you are to have the simple things, food and fresh air are some good examples. Live in the moment and cherish everything that surrounds you. The ‘now’ is extremely important, as you are living in it. However, the future is great to fantasise about but cherish every moment you have ‘now’. Make it count.
“As you breathe right now, another person takes their last. So stop complaining, and learn to live your life with what you have.”
1. Beautiful food – this month I have indulged and experimented with food, I changed my diet around a little and made some long-term changes to become happier, healthier and stronger (I shall be documenting this on my Instagram and blog very soon). How you feel on the inside is so important.
The Cartford Inn – gorgeous food, warm and welcoming atmosphere and picturesque surroundings. What more could you want? This dish was presented so beautifully with gorgeous intricate details. I didn’t want to eat such a masterpiece! Photogenic food is definitely the best type of food.
Breakfast time! – porridge oats topped with lots of goodies. Check my previous blog post where I talk about all my favourite porridge toppings. Pimp your oats! – Click here
Smoothie bowls x2 – ^ cacao chia seed pudding.
^ Smoothie bowl made using spinach, frozen banana, raw cacao powder, frozen berries & almond milk – a great way to start the day.
2. Having a best friend – I am extremely fortunate to have a best friend that stands by me, I have more than one best friend! Even family members are classed as my ‘best friends’ and teachers! They stand by me, support me, cheer me on, and make me smile, pick up the pieces and bring everything money cannot buy.
3. Being able to write about the things I am passionate about. Having an internship at the Lancashire Life Magazine and have my own work published. This is a huge achievement in my eyes and I have overcome a lot of challenges but I have continued to keep going, as I believe there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to keep going through the tunnel. Find the light and if not, create the light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Being able to drink cups of tea and feel all ‘fuzzy’ inside. If you are a tea LOVER then you will know this beautiful feeling. There is nothing a good cup of tea cannot solve. Green tea infused with mint has been my personal favourite this month and I am so grateful to be able to indulge in such beautiful, warm goodness!
Gorgeous tea pigs tea bag flavoured with green tea & mint. I am so obsessed and I am extremely keen to try out some more flavours. Find more information here
5. I am grateful for colour – I am a huge lover of colour. Colourful interiors, colourful food, colourful clothing, colourful nature, colourful buildings… The list is endless! I truly believe that colour can lift your mood. The more you wear bright colours, the better you feel. I am so grateful to be surrounded by beautiful nature that is so rich in colour and texture. It’s stunning! And it’s something so simple that is just right in front of us, appreciate the small things that make a huge impact on the world, become more earth conscious.
These are just a few things I am grateful for this month, of course, I am grateful for these all year round & millions of other things but these have stood out this month in particular. Keep up to date with what I am doing on my social media! Linked at the side or at the bottom of the page.
I hope you have a great week! Conquer your goals, set new targets, stay positive and have a think of what you are grateful for. Don’t doubt yourself, you’re doing so well.
“That breath you just took, is a gift. Take a second to think about how blessed you are.”
Facebook: Jessica Ward