Happy Monday everyone! It’s baking time.
“Let’s do what we love & do a lot of it.” Marc Jacobs
Last week I felt extremely run down and a little bit exhausted. I was productive, however, obstacles were in the way, which made my productivity levels not as successful. But that’s ok! We all have weeks or days like this, we just have to remember that we are human and sometimes we need to take a break, realise everything is ok and carry on.
Baking is something I love to experiment with when I have the spare time. However, these cookies take about 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. They are super easy and perfect for the person with a busy lifestyle.
Enough of the rambling! Let’s get to the baking.
This week I rustled up some delicious peanut butter, banana, raisin and oat cookies. Crispy on the outside, gooey and chewy in the inside. The perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up when you need a quick sugar fix. I must say they are delicious accompanied by a cup of tea too.
- 2 mashed bananas – the riper they are, the sweeter they are! You need them to be brown as they are the perfect sweetness for this recipe.
- 1 ½ cup of rolled oats.
- ¼ cup of peanut butter, I use whole earth organic peanut butter in the smooth consistency.
- 3 handfuls of raisins or more! I am obsessed with raisins so I add a lot. This could be swapped for chocolate chunks, chopped nuts or even a spoonful of peanut butter on top.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Mash the bananas and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, easy peasy!
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop the mixture into small spoonfuls to create individual cookie shapes on the tray.
- Put them in the oven for 15/20 minutes or until they are golden brown and then allow them to cool, these will last up to a week and they are delicious!
I hope everyone enjoys making their cookies and enjoys eating them just as much! Grab this week with both hands and accomplish something great. Even if it is just this recipe!
Keep up to date with what I am eating over on my Instagram page: @positivelyjessicaward