What Have I Been Eating? – Reeses, Porridge and Smoothie Bowl
Happy Sunday everyone! This weekend I am going to feature some of my latest obsessions here on my blog featuring healthy and not so healthy. I incorporate balance into my diet to ensure that I eat the things I love and don’t miss out. I love food and for me, I think it is important to indulge when I need to, within moderation.
This week I have indulged a lot, but this is ok and I feel a lot stronger for doing so. My mindset towards training is a lot healthier and I am gradually incorporating more beautiful carbs into my lifestyle including brown rice which is a whole grain and sweet potato which is a root vegetable – two carbs that have so much diversity and are extremely high in beautiful nutrients. Follow me on social media to keep up to date with what I eat. Instagram is my main platform for this!
Reeses Peanut Butter Pieces!
- Miniature wrapped peanut butter cups. Is this heaven? Absolute perfection. I enjoy these on top of Greek yoghurt in the evening as a little treat. They are super delicious and perfect if you are a peanut butter lover like me. I have also noticed the Easter range they have, definitely going to be purchasing some more.
- Of course, this gets featured every ‘What Have I Been Eating’ because it is a huge staple in my diet and helps fuel my workouts in the morning. I never train on an empty stomach, as I can’t function in the morning without food. I recently wrote a post on my favourite toppings for porridge the link is here –
- I love porridge and I think it is the perfect carb to have before working out, especially weight training. I also like adding courgette to my oats, – grated courgette. Not only is this a great way to get your greens into your breakfast it is also a good way of adding more ‘bulk’ to your breakfast. Keeping you fuller for longer. You cannot taste the courgette in the oats once topped with frozen fruits and honey. However, flavoured protein powder could be mixed in at the end for additional flavour.
My courgette oat recipe will be up soon. I can’t wait to share this new discovery with you all. Don’t be afraid that it contains green vegetables, it is delicious, trust me!
- Another staple, which is now added to my diet. The perfect snack, pudding or breakfast! A wide variety of recipes and all made using a blender. My NutriBullet has been the best investment. It took me almost a year to consider buying any gadgets for healthy eating but this makes eating vegetables, super foods and fruit so much easier. I use my NutriBullet at least once a day and is now something I couldn’t live without. Why did I wait so long?
TREK Cocoa Coconut Protein Flapjack – something quick and easy but most definitely had to be featured in my favourites again.
- Fix the sugar craving when you are out and about with the TREK protein bars. They do an array of flavours but, in particular, the coconut cocoa, one is my absolute favourite. It tastes just like a bounty bar but without the nastiness. This is the perfect snack for me to take to university as it tastes just like a chocolate bar and gives me energy in the evening sessions. I usually prepare my own flapjacks the night before but this is a great alternative. Accompany this flapjack with a green tea and it’s the perfect sugar fix!
Cocoa Coconut flapjack is also:
- Wheat free
• Made with gluten free oats
• Transfats free
• Great with a cuppa!
• GM Free
• Packed with protein
• Vegan friendly
- Simple Ingredients: Gluten-Free Oats (21%), Rice Syrup, Soya Protein Crunchies (Soya Protein, Tapioca Starch, Salt) (14%), Dark Chocolate Flavour Coating (Sugar, Palm Oil*, Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier: Sunflower Lecithin) (13%), Vegetable Oils (Palm*, Sunflower, Coconut, Rapeseed), Coconut Chips (8%) Soya Flour, Raw Cane Sugar, Salt & Natural Flavourings.
- I am a huge lover of chocolate and peanut butter so to incorporate that into my healthy diet is something that pleases me and makes the lifestyle change more maintainable. I have chocolate every single day and I feel no guilt because I am happy inside through the food I eat. I, of course, love fruit and vegetables too but to ensure you are fulfilled inside you must indulge in the things you love too.
Additional Images of some beautiful food I have loved this week.
Amazing pancakes at The Cartford Inn, I was completely gutted when I couldn’t find anywhere to spend Pancake Day. I was so happy after contacting The Cartford, because they said that they were serving their own homemade ones (I was so pleased!). Of course, I wasn’t disappointed. They always have amazing service, mouth watering food and, of course, a brilliant atmosphere. My favourite place to unwind and enjoy the stunning surroundings. Sending all of my love to The Cartford Inn for making me smile on Pancake Day.
I hope you have a week full of happiness and positivity as always.