Jessica Bakes – Cinnamon Crunch Granola
Today’s post is all about my huge love for granola and my own personalised recipe. I love how the flavours of granola can be so warming; I love the added crunch it gives to ice cream, fruit and even yoghurt. Granola has a lot of diversity and can be changed to the flavours in which you prefer.
I like my granola to be dense in texture and have lots of crunch – including crunch from the added ingredients including, nuts and seeds. This recipe is healthier than shop bought granola and tastes super yummy. This can be done at the beginning of the week and stored in an airtight container making breakfast and dessert extremely quick and easy.
Granola can be eaten with milk like a normal breakfast cereal. It can be enjoyed with yoghurt as a topping and ice cream. I also love adding it on top of my porridge for added crunch in the morning. I have tried lots of recipes before and become slightly bored a few times. This recipe I am obsessed with and I keep adding things to change the flavours! Of course, with any other recipe, I upload you can customise the ingredients to your own personal taste. Dried fruit could be swapped for more nuts or perhaps, chocolate chips. How delicious.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 ½ cups of oats
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Extras to add
- Dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In one bowl add all of the dry ingredients and stir until combined (except for the dried fruit and cinnamon).
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Add the sticky syrup to the dry ingredients and stir until properly combined.
- Place the mixture onto baking tray and put into the oven for 30 minutes, every 10 minutes check the granola and stir so that the top doesn’t begin to burn.
- Once your granola has come out of the oven and is golden brown allow it to cool for 15 minutes. I add the dried fruit once the granola is cooled. Dried fruit adds additional sweetness and an extra dimension to the granola.
Once I have finished making the granola I like to enjoy it with some yoghurt and a green tea, the perfect way to start your morning or the perfect way to end your day. I hope you loved this recipe and try it out. If so, please tag me in any images.
Keep up to date with what I eat over on my Instagram – @positivelyjessicaward
“When you master yourself. You master the world.”
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend full of positivity, smiles and laughter.